4 Reasons you need to Advertise on TikTok
Now more than any other time, is the time to increase your digital efforts online. With the spread of the Corona Virus pandemic, and Government imposed lockdown in most countries, we are being forced to spend more time online for both work and entertainment. Our last 2 blogs covered what your business should do to survive quarantine.
Now let’s take it a step further and talk about something that has emerged as one of the biggest trends of this pandemic. Yes, you guessed it…TikTok. We have all been exposed to TikTok one way or another these past few months, and here are 4 reasons you need to advertise on TikTok:
1. You can target the right audience for your business
It’s a great platform if your audience mainly consists of Millennials or Gen Z’ers. Here are what the stats show us about age group and usage:
- 41% of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24
- 60% of TikTok users are Gen Zers
- 69% of Tiktok users are under 25 years old
2. TikTok isn’t just a new platform; it’s a platform with new energy
Tiktok isn’t another Facebook or Instagram, it’s a totally new concept and has a new energy to it. As we can all see there is a lot of hype around the app and especially during these difficult times where most of us are quarantining at home and looking for new ways to express creativity and defy boredom. Stats show that:
- More than 1 million videos are viewed every day
- TikTok has about 800 million monthly active users
- The TikTok app has more than 1.65 billion downloads to date
- TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes per day in the platform
- 9/10 TikTok Users Use the App Multiple Times Daily
3. Multiple different Ad Formats to choose from
There are a few different ways we can advertise on TikTok to serve different business objectives/goals.
I.) In-feed video ads
These are the closest to what we are used to seeing on Facebook and Instagram feeds. They appear in the “For You” feed and can drive clicks to an internal or external page. Users can share, like, comment, and click-to profiles as they can with organic content. These ads are available through the auction model.
- Duration: 5-60 second-long ads: However given the short attention span of the demographic, we recommend short videos between 5 to 15 seconds.
- Size: Portrait Screen: takes up your entire phone screen (9:16 aspect ratio or 1080 x 1920 pixels)
Example of how these ads appear:
II.) Brand takeover ad
A brand takeover ad pops up when someone first opens TikTok, like a Splash Screen.
- It can be 3 second image or a 3 to 5 second GIF/Video/Image: (Given that TikTok is a video-sharing social network, We definitely recommend a short video for better performance/attraction)
- Portrait Screen Size: takes up your entire phone screen (9:16 aspect ratio or 1080 x 1920 pixels)